Thursday 26 January 2012

In my day, we were lucky to get a kick in the face....


I was listening to the radio today and was appalled at the music on it. And not just in a 'what awful rubbish music the youff of today listen to. We were lucky, we had the Spice Girls and Aqua' type way....
I mean at the messages in this music. Take for example the first song that got my fictional goat. Dancing on my own. By Robyn. An absolute pile of trash on it's own, but you know, the young, hip and trendy like it enough to have got it into them there popular music charts.

If you haven't heard it, or your ears were being raped too much to hear it properly here is an example of some of the lyrics


I'm in the corner, watching you kiss her
(Oh, oh, oh)
I'm right over here, why can't you see me
(Oh, oh, oh)
I'm givin' it my all, but I'm not the girl you're takin' home
(Ooh, Ooh, Ooh)
I keep dancing on my own
These lyrics might as well be
I'm a sad pathetic mess, because you've rejected me
(Oh,oh,oh)
Look at me, for God's sake notice me
(oh, oh, oh)
I'm drunk and my mascara is running down my face, where are you going?! Come back!!
(Ooh, Ooh, Ooh)
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit


I mean this is the role model for young women. Have some back bone! Jesus. Are we telling teenage girls, if a guy doesn't fancy you or has decided he had quite a nice shag but has now moved his attentions elsewhere, well then, just go out, put a nice dress on, go (preferably on your own) to the place you know he will be with his new girlfriend and make a twat of yourself. It is the woman's way.

What happened to the strong women of the world. The Madonna's? Even, dare I say it, the bloody Spice Girls? Girl power and the like. The women who say 'you don't like me? Fine. Next!' The woman who don't have time to be F'ed about men and are more than happy to stay single till a decent one comes along because there is more to life.
So I was even further incensed when the next song was a song by an idiot, who blatantly does not have enough grasp over the English language to spell his own name,  Tinie Tempah with a shitty ditty called Frisky


An example of the lyrics are

If I told her I’m a boxer, would she let me down her knickers…
I wanna pick her up, and put her down.

I'm on a mission I don't even wanna kiss her
Honey I won't even miss ya when I'm done with ya eh eh

I just can't stop the feeling, don't seem to go away.
So if I hurt your feelings, don't blame it all on me.
I just can't stop the feeling (nothing else to say),
And now they have to stay.
So if I hurt your feelings (don't take it the wrong way),
It's just because I'm..

Oh la la la la, la la la la la
Oh la la la la, la la la frisky


I cannot even tell you how angry I am by this. So just from these two songs. I have gathered that men, are fully entitled to sleep with women, have no respect for them at all, in fact they have no control over it. I mean after all, he does apologise. So that's okay. Meanwhile, we women are supposed to then follow them to a club where they will be grooming their next victim and cry about it.
I think, ladies and gentleman I have unearthed the problem with today's society right there - in two very badly written songs.


It's not all bad though. There's still Mumford and Sons. they'll make it alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment